Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting value out of my time off

So, since I worked 74 hrs last week and that I've 0 hrs this week I thought it would be a good idea to get some use of my time off hrs that I'm having to use. Sydney and I decided to go to Zion and get one of those "America the Beautiful" passes, Marilyn gave us one for Christmas and we decided to get it now. I'm a little bummed that the picture on the card is of some birds and not Nankoweap, but what do you do?





But it was really cool because normally you don't get to see the water running down the dry creek bed. The top three pictures are from a hike that isn't a park hike. You just go off the roadside on the other side of the tunnels. The bottom picture is a panoramic picture that I made of the view from the Canyon Overlook Trail. You start just east of the big tunnel.

4 More things to read:

Moe said...

Pretty pictures!

Analeis Paul said...

That is gorgeous!

Lib-Dawg said...

How fun! Love the pictures - you're brave to hike in the cold, but if you do it now you don't have to deal with the snakes. ;)

Anisa said...

I don't think I've ever been to Zion in the winter, but it's beautiful. I should have left the boys down there to keep you busy on your spring break:)